Red Oak Academy
Location: On private property, from Burleson take Academy Hill 2 miles west - marker is in a backyard and fenced in.
An early Texas college, founded near this site (at that time part of Brushy Mound), 1879; re-established as Alta Vista College, 1885. Transferred in 1893 to Presbyterian church, it was renamed Red Oak Academy and inspired name for this section: "Academy Hill". The school closed in 1899.
Source: Texas Historical Commission