Greenbrier Baptist Church
Location: from Alvarado, take CR 401 south from south city limit about 3.5 miles then go west on FM 2415 for 1/4 mile to intersection with CR 313
Constituted in 1878 with 17 charter members, this pioneer church originally served early settlers of the Greenbrier community, renamed Greenfield in 1917 when the Stubblefield School merged with the local district. Before the construction of sanctuaries, the Baptist and Methodist congregations met together in the community's schoolhouse. A center of activity in the surrounding area for over a century, the Greenbrier Baptist Church has been led by many prominent pastors and Johnson County pioneers.
Source: Texas Historical Commission