First Baptist Church of Godley
Location: Allen and Fourth, Godley
Originally known as Bethany Baptist Church, this congregation was organized in the spring of 1878 at the home of J. P. Vickers, about four miles from what is now the town of Godley. In 1880, during the pastorate of the Rev. S. E. Brook, the new church was accepted into the Alvarado Baptist Association. Worship services were held the first Sunday and every third Saturday and Sunday of the month. In 1899 the congregation moved into the town of Godley and adopted the name Godley Baptist Church. The fellowship became known as First Baptist Church in 1974.
Source: Texas Historical Commission